Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Lohan...

I will admit to watching the Lohan's on their E! television (Living Lohan) on occassional bouts of boredom and just for the heck of it. Needless to say I did catch the episode where Ali Lohan (Lindsay's younger sis) happend to record her new single "All the Way Around." After only listening to only a few bars I came to this conclusion: I like Ali Lohan's style/sound of music a good deal better. I know a lot of people have ripped into the idea of family members grabbing on the coattails of older famous siblings to have an "easy" ride into fame. But if Ashlee Simpson taught us anything, sometimes the younger sibling can eclipse the older one, and with Lindsay Lohan's recent dive in the media popularity buzz her younger sis may just have that chance with the release of her new single.

Now I was all read to be skeptical and very critical of her song. And maybe its the heat wave, or the fact that I spent 8 hours today learning CPR training, but I actually like the song. It definitely grows on you and is quite catchy. I also think that for a 15 year old (and taking into account the magic of a recording label) her voice sounds extremely mature for her age. Now do not get me wrong I am not going to start comparing her to Celine Dion, Madonna, or even Britney Spears (pre-Kevin Federline) any time soon...but in my opinion for her first real single its not bad at all. That being said my roommate made a disgusted face upon hearing it for the first time...so my opinions are clearly not had by all. Judgments aside it looks from like there are others who also share my same view on iTunes (which her single is available now on) and on youtube. But here's a youtube video someone made with her new single:

No comments: