Monday, July 14, 2008

Murad - My Face Saver!


So I must confess my skin is less than perfect and recently it became down right awful. In a panic I begin researching skin care options to help fix my acne ridden face. At the adult age of 22 and not a teenager anymore the idea of a face fill of zits filled me with panic. And while makeup definitely helps with the redness the bumps are still visible. That's when I knew I had to get something. And while I know the hottest product out their is ProActive (thanks to a ton of celebrity endorsements) I felt that their product wasn't the best for my skin. So on a trip to Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/) I picked up Murad's acne kit for ~ $60.


The acne kit (which can also be bought at their website (http://www.murad.com/) comes with handy instructions to help just about anyone use the kit. The kit comes with: Clarifying Cleanser, Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel, Acne Spot treatment, and Skin Perfecting Lotion. This will last the average user well over a month or more of treatment. After just two weeks of using the product I saw my face clear up a great deal...and other's noticed as well! The first week saw an increase in acne as it purged out all the gunk under my skin, but after that it was smooth sailing!


Some suggestions:


  • The product can be somewhat irritating at first so make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow what to do if you have more sensitive skin

  • Remember the first week may bring about more acne (purging) but stick with it!

  • If you like the product check out the Murad website (http://www.murad.com/) for individualized skin care programs, tons of other products, and even a special deal for those who like the acne products (similar to the deals on television)

  • I haven't bought it yet, but I would highly reccomend considering the sunscreen as the lotion in the kit does not contain SPF

I highly reccomend checking out websites and going to stores like Sephora to spot check the products to see how they react with your skin. In addition check out review sites to see what customers had to say about the products and the customer service. Below I've included the infomercial for the Murad Acne Complex Kit:



No comments: