Monday, July 28, 2008

I knew it sounded familiar

I remember when I first head Chris Brown's song "Forever." My first thought was...wow that sounds a lot like the Doublemint Gum song, telling my roommate this. Well it turns out I was right. In some kind of twist in compaigning Doublemint gum decided to enlist singers like Chris Brown to revamp the ads songs. According to the Wall Street Journal apparently Wrigley's (makers of the famous gum) plan on releasing a statement to this effect tomorrow, guess someone let the cat out of the bag early! Its a little odd form of advertising if you ask me, and a little bit hilarious considering the song has done so well on the charts. The lyrics even sound like an ad, you just need to take away the beat.

Its like i've waited my whole life for
This one night it's gon' be me you and
The dance floor cause
We've only got one night
Double your pleasure
Double your fun and dance
- Chris Brown "Forever"-

Here's Chris Brown's video, enjoy it now before its advertising is more blatant:



Compared to the older commercials I am sure this will hit a bit bigger...but here is a commercial from 1987 trying to sell the gum.



Here's a link to The Wall Street Journal article.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121721123435289073.html

No comments: