Saturday, July 5, 2008

Nantucket




So as I mentioned before I did make it out to Nantucket last weekend for a nice day trip with my roommate. After the standard 2 hour ferry ride out, I found myself faced with the typical preppy Cape Cod like atmosphere that I have come to know and love. While I would love to say that I went there for the change of pace from Boston I will confess the main purpose of the trip was to go out to Cisco Brewers which is a brewery, vineyard, and distillery on Nantucket. Absolutely the perfect end to a great day on the island we went to this brewery and promptly ordered the "sampler" off the list. While they do not serve pints they do serve tiny double shot glass sized glass of their many beers. The sampler offers (for $6) 6 samples of their beers on tap. In addition you get to keep the tiny shot glass sized glasses as souvenirs. The staff was extremely helpful in learning about all the beers and how they were produced that it made sense that the tip jar was completely overflowing. The brewery is set up so that there are three main areas that allow you to sample the beer, wine, and hard alcohol that is produced there. All three areas have similar sampler set ups like the brewery. We did not last much after the brewery though so decided to call it a night after that sampler.






Cisco also offers people the opportunity to take tours (unfortunately do to time constraints we weren't able to) as well as purchase Cisco merchandise and beverages (my favorite being the giant jars of beer). Needless to say our trip to the island being complete me and my roomie wandered the center of the island buying various trinkets until the boat came back...all warm and giddy off of the beer the trip home (though slightly choppy from a storm) was no big deal. Here are some pictures of the area surrounding the cape and Nantucket...unfortunately I did not take as many pictures on the island as I had hoped to. Here's a link to the Cisco Brewers, definitely a must for those who visit the Island: http://www.ciscobrewers.com/

No comments: