Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dark Knight

What can I say about this movie that hasn't been said. Imax was incredible as there were a few scenes that were filmed specifically for viewing in the Imax format. Heath Ledger was incredible and I completely forget it was him until the credits rolled, he became the Joker and definitely deserves the Oscar nod if not win. Christian Bale was as gorgeous as ever. My friend did comment that Rachel Dawes did not have the same effect being played by Maggie Gyllenhaal as with Katie Holmes. I did prefer Holmes slightly in the previous movie, which surprised me a bit as I generally prefer Gyllenhaal overall as an actress. That being said she did the job justice. Aaron Eckhart was good and played a larger role in the movie than I thought he would...his two-face face was gruesome compared to Tommy Lee Jone's previous incarnation of the villian. Overall the movie was fantastic and definitely deserved the media buzz around it. It will be interesting to see where they go from here with the movies, its a shame that Ledger will not be able to play the Joker as he played an intregal role in Batman history. I hope they do his role justice as he played the part perfectly, he will be remembered well.

Needless to say I am stunned and still continue to think about this film some time after. It is worth going to see in the movie and I rarely think/say that about any movie. I am extremely pleased I got to see it in the theatres and in Imax.

No comments: