Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Newest Addiction

No its not a drug or alcoholic beverage...but a website that has helped enable me (it wasn't that hard I will admit) to put offdoing my homework for tonight. Are you ready for it www.surfthechannel.com This website has a ton of television shows available for free online. The shows are varied, some are from years ago (think Facts of Life), some are more recent (think any reality series on E!) and some are even international (like Top Gear- UK). Needless to say I've been watching tons of free TV online for the past few hours reliving some favorites (Dawson's Creek!) and the homework will have to wait.

As a side note: I recently picked up a copy of "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, as had heard such great press about it. Plunking down my $13 I went home and promptly begin reading. I quickly discovered that what I thought was going to be a short fairy-fiction story (it is not particularly long) is actually quite thought-provoking and thus needs a bit more thought and time than I had previously anticipated. I am sure I will be getting around to reading it by the end of summer, most likely in piece-meal portions. But the point of my side tangent here was that upon opening up my yahoo mail account (reserved mainly for my junk e-mail) I discovered that iTunes had sent me their e-mail about new music Tuesdays. I was also surprised to find them informing me that from now till July 14th I could get "The Alchemist" audiobook narrated by Jeremy Irons, for free. Needless to say I quickly hit the "Free get book" button and will now most likely listen to the book. So if anyone has been interested in getting the book or knows someone who wants to...and has iTunes then might as well while its free.

Tomorrow I plan on attending a motivational talk by none other than Andrew W.K. and am sure I will have plenty to blog about that tomorrow...hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: