Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fashion Inspiration!

Myspace Comments - Fashionista
I am still very much a girly-girl, and frequently visit my favorite fashion website for inspiration. That being said my little hiatus (see previous blog posts about being sick) left me with lots of web surfing time to dedicate to my love of fashion. I was recently reading a blog (unfortunately I cannot remember which one) that was talking about celebrity fashion inspirations and I thought about some of my own whose fashions I absolutely love:
  • Angelina Jolie (pre-Brad Pitt...you know when she was all bad-ass and leather)
  • Victoria Beckham
  • Rachel Bilson

In addition to some great magazines/magazine websites/websites (like www.instyle.com, www.glamour.com, and www.fabsugar.com) there are also a whole host of other websites that look at more of a street fashion approach to inspiration. These aren't designed by fashion experts but rather regular folks who decided to post their pics online to hopefully provide inspiration and feedback. Here are two great websites:

  • http://www.flickr.com/groups/wardrobe_remix/ This just popped up in my inbox for newest trends and I just must share. This webgroup features people's photos for head to toe looks to inspire the fashionista in all of us!
  • http://lookbook.nu/ This website is sure to become an addiction. It features a ton of photos from people with just about every taste for fashion under the sun. Definitely check it out...I guarantee you'll spend more than just a minute looking at this fantastically inspiring website
  • www.fashionologyla.com This store is no where near Boston, but all the same I wish I had this kind of store around when I was growing up. Geared toward pre-teen this stores allows the individual to design an item of clothing of their choice and then actually make the clothes! Its kind of like Build-a-Bear for the fashionable group.

Those are just a few of the fashion sites/inspirations that have passed by my way via the world-wide-web over the past few hours that have captured my attention. There are sure to be plenty more that I will share/write.

No comments: