Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Distraction...

I am less than 12 hours from going to see the Dark Knight in Imax and I can not be more excited! My friends and I purposefully held off to see it in Imax and I cannot tell you how hard it has been not to run off to my locale theatre these past two weeks just to see what all the buzz is about.

Needless to say I need some things to keep my mind off of the excitement...besides all the studying I need to be doing! Here are just a few:

Clocky by Nanda
I must reset my alarm clock five times each morning only to wake up with a start around 7:30am swearing and racing through my morning routine just so I can make it to my 8am. This clock solves that problem. Acting like a regular alarm clock it rings when you set it, but if you hit snooze it actually moves around your room so you must chase the beeping alarm clock and silence it, thus getting you out of bed. I don't know if I have reached the point where I want to spend $50 for an alarm clock, but the idea is certainly inventive.
Go to http://shop.feelmorehuman.com/p-6747-clocky-in-color.aspx to purchase (picture from site as well)

I am finishing up Caroline Knapp's "Drinking: A Love Story" so I am on the lookout for my next book and here are a few I am thinking of...


  • "Schooled" by Anisha Lakhani - for the gossip girl in me

  • "Anasai Boys" by Neil Gaiman- because its about time I read this book

  • "College of the Overwhelmed" by Richard Kadison and Theresa Foy DiGeronimo - what I will most likely end up picking up from my local B&N soon

Needless to say I am excited about picking up a new book. Knapp's book is fantastic and definitely worth a look through. I will hopefully have a review up soon as I am literally only pages away from finishing. My 15% coupon to B&N is wearing a hole in my pocket so I expect I will be reading something new fairly soon.


And lastly because I must get back to reading/studying...the new Harry Potter trailer is up for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!


Check it out at: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/27063/trailer?trailerId=2181231


Hope everyone has a great rest of the evening!


No comments: